Areas Of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Family Law
Wayne primarily assists clients in civil litigation defense, domestic relations matters, and business litigation. He also litigates workers’ compensation claims.
Wayne first served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Labor Division of the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. There, he defended the State’s workers compensation insurer, CARO, and the Second Injury Fund while also prosecuting reports of fraud and non-compliance under Section 287.128. As an AAG, Wayne sported an undefeated trial record. He joined Newman, Comley, and Ruth in October 2022.
Wayne earned his law degree from the University of Missouri — Kansas City School of Law in December 2021. Before completing his undergraduate degree, Wayne started law school early through the law school’s 90+ Program. During law school, Wayne completed two internships at the Missouri Attorney General’s Office — regularly appearing in court and litigating under Rule 13. In 2020, he moved to Springfield, Missouri where he clerked for a private firm and completed an internship for City Utilities of Springfield. At UMKC, Wayne served as the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Board, President of the Business Law Association, and Honor Court Student Prosecutor. He also held a leadership position in the Black Law Students’ Association. In his 1L year, Wayne received the Top Overall Oralist award for the 1L. He also completed a dual-degree program to earn his Master in Business Administration and served on the Bloch School’s Dean’s Advisory Board. Wayne graduated with an Advocacy emphasis and pro bono honors.
Wayne lives near Jefferson City, Missouri. He enjoys league bowling and lives by the motto “Today’s a great day to have a great day”.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Two internships at the Missouri Attorney General’s Office
- Served as the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Board, President of the Business Law Association, and Honor Court Student Prosecutor at UMKC
- Black Law Students’ Association
- Served on the Bloch School’s Dean’s Advisory Board.
- Graduated with an Advocacy emphasis and pro bono honors.
- 90+ Program
- Top Overall Oralist in 1L year
- Master in Business Administration
- University of Missouri — Kansas City School of Law
- December 2021