Representation We Provide
Newman, Comley & Ruth P.C. is dedicated to providing our clients the highest standard of legal services. In every case, we fairly and ethically provide professional counsel and advocacy. Our office is located in Jefferson City, Missouri.
The Sorts Of Representation We Provide
Our attorneys can be reached at 573-298-4313 and have experience in these areas:
- Administrative law and regulatory law concerns: We assist clients in understanding and complying with federal, state and local government regulations. This includes administrative appeals and litigation before administrative agencies and tribunals. We assist clients with issues concerning general or professional licensing, governmental contracting, employment and human rights, environmental and water quality issues, transportation, and zoning and land use.
- Employment law representation: We serve as counsel on employment law issues for employers drafting employment agreements, covenants not to compete and employee handbooks. We answer questions about issues under the Missouri Human Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII related to age, sex, gender, religion, national origin and race discrimination, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other state and federal employment laws. Our lawyers also represent employers and employees in state and federal court, and before administrative agencies throughout Missouri.
- Divorce and family law: Our firm is committed to providing clients with sound advice, and aggressive divorce and family law representation. We offer more than 25 years of experience handling issues such as divorce, child custody and a variety of other family law issues.
- Medical malpractice and professional liability defense: Attorney Ed Clausen along with a strong support team represent hospitals and physicians in matters ranging from risk management to licensing to the defense of lawsuits.
- Agricultural matters: Attorneys Robert Brundage and John Ruth have extensive experience representing clients in agricultural matters, including regulatory, permitting and business transactions.
- Public utility cases: We represent electric, gas, water, telephone and sewer utilities in cases involving applications for service certification and territory, rates, mergers, consolidations, acquisitions, complaints and ongoing regulatory relationships with the Missouri Public Service Commission.
- Environmental legal compliance: Our attorneys represent businesses, municipalities and farming operations in a broad spectrum of environmental law matters.
- Real estate services: We represent individuals and businesses in real estate proceedings and transactions, including purchases and sales, mortgages, foreclosures, leases, zoning, easements, titles, closings and management. We also represent clients in all types of real estate disputes.
- Construction litigation: We represent contractors, subcontractors, property owners, design professionals and suppliers in the drafting of contracts, contract negotiation, mechanic’s lien actions, performance, and payment bond actions and litigation.
- Business law services: We represent clients in business planning and business formation, including formation of limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, corporations and other business entities, as well as assisting with purchases and sales of businesses, both stock and asset sale transactions
- Collections and creditor bankruptcy: We offer a wide variety of legal services designed to assist creditors collect money they are owed, including money owed by debtors who have filed for bankruptcy protection.
- Estate planning services: Our attorneys work with our clients to craft a comprehensive estate plan. The goal is to fulfill the clients’ wishes concerning the distribution of their assets after death, and maximize protection of assets. Our services also include probate administration and the creation of trusts.
- Professional licensing: The attorneys at our firm provide help to clients facing disciplinary action or professional licensing investigation. We also assist those who have been denied or are seeking professional licensure.
- Personal injury: We represent individuals who have been injured as a result of a car accident, negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Workers’ compensation defense: We represent employers, insurers and third-party administrators when an employee asserts a claim following a workplace injury.