Brittany L. Briggs
Jefferson City, MO
Brittany joined Newman, Comley and Ruth as an Associate Attorney after graduating from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law. She grew up in Bolivar, Missouri. Brittany received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia and graduated magna cum laude.
During law school, Brittany was a judicial intern for the Honorable Willie J. Epps, Jr., a magistrate judge for the United States District Court in the Western District of Missouri. She was the Managing Editor of the Missouri Law Review and had her comment published in the Law Review. Her work won an award for the best comment for the 2019-2020 publication cycle.
Brittany achieved the highest grade in four courses throughout law school and made the Dean’s List every semester. She also competed on the law school’s moot court team and received the National Moot Court Prize. She graduated cum laude and earned membership in the Order of the Coif by being in the top 10% of her class.
Brittany lives in Jefferson City and enjoys golfing, cooking, and spending time with her family.
Areas Of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2020
- University of Missouri School of Law
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Missouri , Columbia, Missouri
- B.A. - 2017
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Sociology
- Missouri Bar Association
- William M. Howard Award in Legal Research & Writing
- Guy A. Thompson Award for Best Student Comment
- Ike Skelton, Sr. Prize for Best Work in Trial Practice
- National Moot Court Prize
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research & Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Practice
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Death Penalty Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Criminal Justice Administration